Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2019

No Expectation Living

What Else Are You Too Smart For?

Ken's "VORTEX NO. 1"

I expected so much more...

I grew up in what I hoped to be the age of enlightenment, the "age of aquarius". They actually used to sing that it was the dawning of the age. Reasoning would win out over moronic interpretations and stridently destructive policy and thought. Then "all of a sudden" it was 2016 and my rose colored glasses caught fire and disappeared in a puff of acrid smoke.  

    Can you not enjoy today? Tomorrow they will tell you that your doom is imminent and each breath will be a struggle until your gasp is final. Does that mean your win at monopoly tonight is diminished? Are you too smart to play monopoly? What else are you too smart for? The point is this: I somehow expected a candle to improve my sex life. Now you might think that I'm not smart enough to play monopoly. But step back and replace the two words, candle and sex - with another set of words.  Maybe it's "better job" instead of candle or "life satisfaction" instead of "sex". Fixes are always just around the corner are they not? Maybe your life does not need so much fixing. Maybe it needs a little more living. Don't be so smart, at least not all the time.

     Ease up on expectations and live with your feelings - you might just find things that have always been there that you did not know existed - and lose things that you never had anyway. - M.H. Wheems

Comments:

Ferman Finnegan:
The buddha guys running around talking "enlightenment" also were always begging for food or "alms" - am I right?
Dear Ferman: Yes that is true. Some were sent as beggars, others as kings and then some were named Ferman... Sorry I couldn't resist that...

No comments:

Post a Comment