Translate

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Scot - Part 2

Putting the pleasure in

The riverboat - "La Gonda" imaginary imagery by TMITH
Ah! The victuals! On the La Gonda it is more than just fine dining. Delicate meals with courses that are considerate to your digestive process. Each course is in harmony with the last. The final fragrant bite of the one setting up your taste buds for the next which overtakes it with even more succulent drama. Your digestion moves smoothly from one phase to the next with aromas and flavors that swirl around inside your palate and brain then deliver you near to heaven. I'll admit that I partake as God allows me - and I feel blessed when the chef gives some of what the guests' eat to the staff.
     The rooms. I still manage to somehow hide and watch like I did back in the cathedral except that I'm in the vents behind the grates. In the rooms they take your simple passions and break them down into succulent bits, each one memorable and fulfilling in themselves. Then they group them and layer them such that it overwhelms the senses. I seen a few take their leave of this world while being coaxed to superior heights of ecstasy, even I cannot believe what I see at times. It is not often I do this. It's a sin burned into me by my childhood and try as I might I fall into it every now and then. The vents are cleaner than a china plate by my working through them though, so there is some good.

     I've got to get back to work. I continue with the grease, fumes and heat - sometimes when I'm down below deck, I feel that God is giving me a taste of hell. It is a reminder to behave, I must not to let my guard down! I must admit, there are aches at times in my loins so great that I might just... Stop! I must not waste my time thinking, as there are too many ways one can lose control, especially on this boat. This is my lot and I'm thankful for it. Chief engineer Thon May - true Christian, also known as 'The Scot' (Ha!) I've got to leave now, number six needs greasing.    

by PHINEAS

No comments:

Post a Comment