Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Ooh, Touchy!

Jesus Christ almighty!

Ease up a little with saddle burrs! Take the strap off the bulls' gonads that he might not buck so hard! Has the skin been rubbed so much that the merest glance sets off an alarm? Is the hole in the tooth so deep that ice water is cause for a meltdown? Enough hyperbole. I speak of a reaction to "Jesus Comes Back early" where a reader took issue with the speech of Jesus. "He would never say that!" Really? In my defense, the Jesus I referred to is the one in the Bible, yep THAT ONE. The same one who denounced the Pharisees as "vipers" and  quite specifically, declared their wickedness and condemned them - for all eternity - right at that very moment! The same way he does poor little "true hearted" George (George at least according to God fearing FOX news anchors) in my theoretical play.
If there is any concrete difference between Jesus' speech pattern in my story and that of Matthew 23:33 someone give a comment and break it down for me.

If someone knows of a Jesus outside the Bible - it is just as easy for me to make up my own version of him that is of similar validity.

That said, I can finally release the GZ bug from my arse.

2 comments: