Translate

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Where's the Yams?

The Bridge I Live Under by Ken

Eating Berries
I was eating berries off a tree, thinking how good a cheeseburger would be.
I stumbled around and stepped through the thicket, trying to find a better place to pick it.
I could go to town and be an employee because no one gives cheeseburgers for free
but what could I do, what could I be?
     I mastered the broom - but people don't use janitors anymore - they make the cashiers
sweep up the floor.
I could be a bouncer in a bar at night except that I'm skinny and don't like to fight.
I need a job that won't get me killed and does not require all that much skill.
The Army is out the National Guard too - I need something essential and true.
Something delightful - practically ebullient - along with pay that is truly relevant.
If I told you once I told you a hundred times
I'm not one for committing serious crime
so take away those drugs and pills
I won't be a pharmaceutical shill
I'd rather walk around with a shovel in my hand
with a sign that reads 
"For Food I'll Dig, Where's The Yams?"

Questions and answers.
Ginny asks:
Why are you guys at the Cosmic so rough at times?

TMITH replies:
If you want the common gruel fed to the masses you can look on any street corner or imaging unit. The cosmic is home to reality - when you come here that's what you get.

Deegan replies:
We will send you flowers since you're already dead.

Zzen replies:
For a sensitive soul such as yourself it would be good to tread lightly among the scorpions of reality. Have someone dance before you as you walk and have them playing a flute and spreading rose petals. If you can't afford that wear a blindfold, most people do.

Reynard replies:
Today we found we lost our lease and also bedbugs in the loft sleeping spaces, Zzen has been dispossessed of all his wealth and no longer drives a custom Bentley, he rides a bicycle he found in the alley. Deegan has a grouchy countenance that seems to endure good news and bad. The man in the hat's patience has run thin for the government riddles him with financial holes while letting the rich run roughshod over society. But we will be back next week with cheerfully debauched stories that will tickle your soul and pander to your springtime lusts.

Next Week: PANDERAMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment