Translate

Friday, January 25, 2013

Interview Girl!


"Typical Early Evening Drive" by Ken

In order to make ends meet, we put our girl out on the street!
Our receptionist Sally was getting bored, so we sent her out to glean pieces of meat from the gristle on the streets.

(Sally) What is your name?
They call me H.G.
Why are you homeless?
I was getting stale. They told me I had to get out of my comfort zone.
This homeless thing seemed pretty damned uncomfortable, so I tried it.
I can tell you firsthand that I would rather be back where I was...well I'm not sure
I kind of like the abuse - sleeping on concrete and rags and the mental cases
I run into. It really is quite something.
Didn't you think they meant a job, or perhaps a relationship change?
I didn't think of that, I only thought "out of comfort", in that I have succeeded
especially.
Why don't you get another job?
Nobody wants to hire me because they think I'm nuts  - and I guess they are
right to a certain degree you know? Kind of like a galactic pancake.
Oh, I uh, see. What are you going to do next?
I'm training my fleas to attack people I don't like or who try to cheat me.
You got that five dollars? My fleas are very sensitive!
Here you go HG. You certainly aren't your average homeless guy. Good
luck in your future endeavors, however they may pan out.

God bless you interview lady. I feel your essence and I'll give it a squeeze.


Encounter with the imminent eminent street entertainer
"You can't be successful doing that shit!" I said to the man doing a little dance on the corner of State and Wabash. He said "Who are you to tell me the truth of my being, is it up to someone else to define my success? I said " You need to make real money by defining and refining your act, you are very good, yes you are, a sidewalk is not worthy of your talent." He replied directly "You kind sir do not really know how happy I am, nor do you know your own happiness". After he shared the wisdom of the ages I began to see. Then he asked me for fifty five dollars. I was taken aback. Then he explained that beyond all thoughts he still required sustenance on the material plane. I explained that I was a little short on cash, but there was a McDonalds across the street. He said "I don't eat that shit!" and departed from me.

The Man In The Hat says...
Less time has been spent
on a mind so bent
refocus yourself
and pay the rent

No comments:

Post a Comment